Tuesday, July 13, 2010

and..


Well

I haven't been doing this

For a year now.

No that does not mean I haven't been writing {duuh}

As long as there are Don't Panic posters

There will be me

Scribbling letters on them

Exchanging the worlds for kind words

Or a smile from a handsome stranger

{a friend in the scope of

/give or take/

5.2 days

It always happens}

It's always a miracle.

 

Well…

What has been happening?

I am still Bristol-based,

lovely house

amazing friends

just about the right amount of self pity

 passion for demolition of cubic values

lost. found. Lost again.

Someone's searching as we speak

So shhhh

Let's not make it too easy for them.

And spoil the fun, ok?

Thanx.

 

Well?

Been trying to live properly

Even have an office job

And all that jazz

It does not really work for me.

So am starting a PhD next year

The subject:

"It's about the Journey:

Life stories of uniparental people"

{uniparental: the one who grew up

Without one parent

Like yours truly}

A bit of life histories

A pinch of autoetnography

Absolutely excited

Absolutely scared

But absolutely have to do it

And see what happens

What I find

What we learn..

 

 

 


--
"I've felt old before my time but now I keep the age away,
By burning up the miles and yeah by filling up my days,
And the nights, a thousand nights I've played, a thousand more to go
Before I take a breath and steal myself for the next one thousand shows"

No comments:

Post a Comment