Thursday, July 16, 2009

l8 nite

-So, you think I am doing good?- I asked her, the Green woman. Priestess of wishes fulfilled. Dreams yet undreamed to be made true. 
She smiled. 
-What do you think?
I could have seen that coming. Whenever I ask her a question she answers with one. (If I bloody wanted to know what I think, I would talk with bloody mirror). 
-I think it looks like that. I have job. Friends. Semi lovers, weekenders. Perspective. Challenges. 
-But?- she can read me as a road sign. Black letters on yellow surface, that's what I am for her.
-But, there is something missing. There is too much order to maintain. Everything seems to be at its place.
She is silent. For 28 seconds.
-Isn't that what you wanted?
-That was what I was aiming to, yes. That's what I accomplished, yes. That's what I maintain, also. Order. 
-Well, my dear- her long ginger hair dances with the wind- Order is the thing you maintain. For as you already, and too well, might I add, know- Chaos does pretty good job at maintaining itself.
I hate how she can be wise when the only thing I need is simple yes.
Or no.

No comments:

Post a Comment