Thursday, May 10, 2012

million dollar maybe

FD: You forgot the rule. Now, what is the rule? 


 Jake is professional. I am about three levels short of beginner. 

"Elbows up!"- Jake insists. "From a shoulder"- i look straight into his eyes. "Keep your left up!"- I nod.


Jake's holding the pads. I punch. Well, I try. I am three levels short of the beginner, as I already said. So when my first (excuse for a) punch lands on the pod, I stop. Embarassed. And look down.  

"Relax"- Jake says- "Let it out." the corners of his lips form a smile: "I can take it."



MF: Keep my left up? 

I breathe in. I breathe out. Behind the eyes, the snapshots of the encounters start flashing. The glands respond. The anger spreads it wings.


And takes off: 
  

3                       2            1                        now!                                   


PUNCH!



feirenough now fuck off!
PUNCH!


I will understand later. I understood before. I will understand again. I will explain. Analyse. 
And put it in the relevant brackets.

treatingmelikea perishablegood
PUNCH!


I will be ok. I deserve that. I don't deserve to be objectified. I am so much more than that. I am. I am. I am. I am. I do not need THAT in my life. All of my friends say so. They do. And I should trust them. I trust them.

PUNCH!

amazinglovelycreative
PUNCH!
PUNCH!


Majik is tooo pricey. Majik is too unstable. Majik  burns the boundaries. Majik is not healthy. Majik happens. Majik is what I feckin live on.  Majik. Is. Not. Responsible. 


PUNCH!


couldnotcare lesshow couldyou?
PUNCH!


Adults are responsible. Good people keep their integrity. And you. Cannot. Read. Your. Way. Out. Of. Behaving. Morally. 

PUNCH!
PUNCH!
PUNCH!
PUNCH!
PUNCH!


"Enough"- I hear Jake through the mist of adrenaline and scraps of random thoughts.
Yes.
OK.
Enough. 



FD: Is to protect yourself at all times. Now, what is the rule? 

Stay true to yourself. Do not do things for which you will hate yourself in the morning. Do your best not to hurt others. When you have to, do not procrastinate. Show instead of saying. Write instead of screaming. Punch, instead of smiling. You can only lead one life. Your own. There is nothing more. There is nothing else. And majik will keep on finding you. It will. It will. It will.
Hopefully, the next time it will have a pair of cojones.



MF: Protect myself at all times. 

("Million Dollar Baby", Clint Eastwood, 2004)


No comments:

Post a Comment