Monday, May 7, 2012

sweet the sting

wee boy

what have you done, wee boy?
in all of your
adult-ness
you did not know how to play this game did you now
wee boy
well
i should have been warned.

i should have seen it
wee boy
i should have sensed it
envisioned it
i should have been smarter and wiser and
bigger
wee boy.

fair enough: i wasn't.

when they came to take me away
wee boy
i thought of you
and i remembered the words
oh
the words 

"you inspire me
you are different
you stand out
i love your expressiveness."

i hear you
child
but you didn't see
what i brought on the table
and you didn't see
how clouds roll and thunders laugh
watching over us
watching
knowing

well: they have been around for a while.

when they came to take me away
wee boy
i trusted them it was for the best
i trusted: they are my guardians
and you will never ever know what happened.
but 
i had to
and i have to
believe it's for the best.


I miss you
wee one.
i miss you i think of you i pray for you
they do not, though
and they won't
forgive them: they think about me first
as they always will.

wee boy.
i think about me first
as well.
but you would not know that
not with your adultness.







No comments:

Post a Comment